We are excited to announce that we have begun working on our new game!
In this rogue-like dungeon-crawler RPG, you will lead a party of 4 adventurers through an engaging campaign or randomly-generated adventures. The feature-rich character customization will allow you to turn them into nearly any kind of hero you desire through your adventures, from warrior to wizard to ranger, or mix them all into a hybrid! Play solo, or join up to 3 other players online for a co-op experience. We are targeting a July 2016 release on Steam for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Some features we are targeting for the core game (initial release):
- 6 diverse class-based skill trees: adventurer, warrior, rogue, ranger, cleric, wizard
- 12 expansive specialties that allow class customization, multi-classing, and unique ability options
- Over 350 unique abilities, traits, proficiencies, enchantments, and spells
- Dozens of class-changing artifacts that allow you to redefine the way a base class functions
- Hundreds of items and objects to equip, use, and interact with
- Hundreds of beautiful animations
- Quality, entertaining voiceovers for each class
- A beautiful soundtrack
- Multiplayer co-op capabilities
Additional features we hope to include through subsequent updates and expansions:
- Over 30 additional classes
- Over 60 additional specialties
- Thousands of new abilities, traits, proficiencies, enchantments, and spells
- Thousands of new items, objects, adventures, sounds, effects, and animations
- Additional campaigns, music, lore, and voiceovers
- Player-customized buildings, cities, or shops
- Additional platforms
Priorities in our design approach:
- Gameplay must be fun, entertaining, and repeatable
- Character customization and encounters must be diverse
- Features must be working and balanced
- Controls and actions must be clear and useful
- Performance must be smooth and stable
- Value must be improving and fair (no micro-transactions or pay-to-win)
Our talented team is small, and while we certainly hope to grow, our focus will always remain on creating quality game experiences — profit margins will never usurp the quality of our games. As we move forward, we will be updating our website, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media with more information, development status, feature previews, and announcements.
In March 2016, we will be seeking crowdfunding support to acquire the final funding for our required art assets, server costs, and remaining polish, which will allow supporters and players to become part of the process even more with extra bonuses prior to release!
Please subscribe, follow, and share with your friends as we journey through this process together.
Chris M Brewer
Director, Masterworld Entertainment