In the wee hours of the morning after the Christmas holiday, I am reflecting on some of the things we have accomplished in such a short week and a half since we began production. It is moving quickly despite the legitimate interruptions from parties and gatherings with friends and family. Here are some of the things we’ve worked on:
- Character conceptualization and a distinct path for each of our starting 6 classes
- Art style and interface appearance
- Abilities, traits, and how they will be useful in both common and unique situations
- Weapon, armor, and which proficiencies will be in the core game
- Character animation and movement techniques we will use throughout development
- Identifying team roles, contributions, and needs
This is an exciting adventure — one that we want to include you in as soon as we can. You can still follow, like, and share from our social media as well (every bit helps!): our website, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube (content to come).
Within the next few weeks, we will begin introducing the other team members, providing additional details about the game, and explaining some insights we perceive in game design.
Warm regards and best wishes in the coming year,
Chris M Brewer
Director, Masterworld Entertainment